provides automatic fault detection and failover management for mission critical plant systems.
Q-Alive augments the platform availability technologies of a typical plant system (e.g. clustering, redundant components), adding the capability to monitor all system resources. This enables Q-Alive to perform advanced fault detection, such as:
- Detect resource starvation problems like lack of memory, CPU processing load, or disk availability
- Monitor critical peripherals (e.g. printers, modems, network storage)
- Monitor execution of critical sections of user application software
- Manage primary and backup CPUs, including automatic start-up and shut-down scripts
Q-Alive is highly configurable. Individual failure criteria can be selected for monitored items. Flexible backup configurations can be implemented, including:
- One backup CPU supporting one or more primary CPUs
- Single CPU supporting one or more CPU clusters
Q-Alive is available for the Compaq AlphaServer OpenVMS and Modcomp platforms.